Alco 5000 Mortice Lock
The state of the art ALCO 5000, 6000 & 7000 series stainless steel mortice locks are designed & engineered at the Australian Lock Company.
The ALCO 5000, 6000 & 7000 series are ideally suited to any building where durability or security are considered a priority, offering a complete & extensive range of functions to meet individual or project specific requirements.
The Australian Governments ‘Security Construction & Equipment Committee’ has endorsed the ALCO 5000, 5100, 6000, 6100, 7000 & 7100 stainless steel mortice lock & deadlock series, respectively to ”Intruder Resistant” & “ Secure Area” status – the highest rating by the Australian Government for security related products.
In addition the ALCO 5000 series mortice lock has been successfully tested for endurance within fire door assemblies for up to 4 hours (in accordance with both Australian Standards AS1530.4 2005 for Pyropanel door sets & Australian Standards AS1530.4 2005 for E-core door sets) proving its suitability for use on all fire doors (as refereed to in AS1905, PART 1, Fire Resistant Door Sets).
The ALCO Mortice Lock series have also been approved by an independent NATA accredited body to Australian Standards AS4145.2.1993 level D3 durability & level S3 physical security with a K2 cylinder fitted. In summary you have a product which is one of the most highly secure & accredited locking mechanisms available.
In keeping with the engineering & design expectations synonymous with Australian Lock Company, ALCO 5000, 6000 & 7000 series stainless steel mortice locks offer:
- Flexibility to change the handing of the lock without removal of the lock case lid by simple rotation of the latch bolt for inwards or outwards opening & for left hand to right hand without case disassembly.
- A multi-functional case allowing for easy conversion of a vestibule lock function to a combination lock function by simply turning the handing pieces on the side of the lock.
- The lock base, cover & Australian universal strike plate made from 2mm 304 grade stainless steel.
- Auxiliary dead latching bolt of sintered stainless steel.
- Main latch bolt of 304 grade sintered stainless steel
- Main deadbolts & sliding door bolts of 304 grade sintered stainless steel.
- All springs manufactured from 304 grade stainless steel.
- A design to be used in conjunction with the Australian standard oval cylinder configuration & its standard fixing.
- A standard backset of 60mm & extended 95mm & 127mm options.
- A kick-off feature to all applicable lock type functions.
- Holdback in most lock functions to allow the latch bolt to be held in retracted position.
- Suitability for 33mm – 50mm doors as standard.
- Rebate kits available to convert the standard mortice lock into a 13mm rebated door.
Standard finishes for cylinders are Satin Chrome, Chrome Plate, Polished Brass Unlacquered & Florentine Bronze.